Bullying and Harassment Prevention
N.E.W. Academy Canoga Park is committed to providing a safe and civil learning and working environment. NACP takes a strong position against bullying, hazing, or any behavior that infringes on the safety or well-being of students, employees, or any other persons within the charter's jurisdiction or interferes with learning or the ability to teach. NACP prohibits retaliation against anyone who files a complaint or participates in the complaint investigation process.
Bullying and hazing are part of a continuum of aggressive or violent behaviors. Some acts of bullying or hazing can and do constitute other categories of misconduct such as assault, battery, child abuse, hate-motivated incident, criminal activity or sexual harassment and, as such, violate other charter school policies. In such cases, charter school personnel are obligated to follow appropriate charter school reporting guidelines.
- Kindness Works! (Bullying Prevention Poster)
- Anti-Bullying Brochure (English)
- Anti-Bullying Brochure (Spanish)
- Second Step Bullying Prevention Program Sequence
- BUL-5212.2: Bullying and Hazing Policy (Student-to-student and Student-to-Adult)
- California Department of Education (CDE) Bullying Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- CDE Bullying Prevention Training Resources
- Cyber Bullying Resources for Educators
- Cyber Bullying Resources for Parents
- US Department of Ed. Guidance on Bullying of Students with Disabilities
- US Department of ED Guidance on Race-based Bullying and Harassment