Welcome to NEW Academy’s Parent Center!
The Parent Center focuses in creating a welcoming environment to all of our parents! NACP’s Parent Center was created with the purpose of increasing parent and family involvement at our school, to establish effective communication between home and school, and to improve community outreach and training opportunities for parents and families. We believe this will have a positive impact on student academic performance and their wellbeing.
Our Parent Center Advocates and Administrative team engage with and involve parents in the school community, share resources to increase student studies at home, engage parents in educational trainings, and encourage parents to be proactive in school advisory councils and other school volunteer opportunities.
EVENTS AND WORKSHOPS
Our Parent Center has hosted a variety of events such as:
- A special author meet-and-greet
- 6ft Holiday Tree give-away
- Nutrition Classes provided by CSUN
- Office mechanics training
- NACP Celebrated National School Choice Week
- NACP participated in a BOX TOPS fundraiser and organized “bundling parties”
- Loaned Literacy Backpack check-out “ Mommy and me, Please Read to Me”
- Registration workshop for the N.E.W. Family Source Center
- Healthy Heart workshop provided by The American Heart Association
- Mental Health workshop provided by The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health
- CABE’s Project2inspire workshop (Mastery Level)
- CABE’s Project2inspire workshop (Advanced Leadership Level)
- Helpful tools to prepare our students for state tests
- Math instructional step-by-step workshops
- Reading workshops to help increase their child’s reading level
- Volunteer opportunities for school events, preparation for teacher projects, assist in library activities, and more!
Our Parent Center shares important school information, updates, and special volunteer opportunities through REMIND!
Download REMIND! This is a free app available to Android and Apple users!
Create your personal account information, then add our class code: @k382e8